Wednesday 15 January 2014

Continuity Task - Evaluation

Evaluation:
When I look back at my continuity task and what I have done I can see my strengths as weaknesses personally and as a group - what we have done well and not so well. We realised that the sound in our film was not very clear and had background noise which was inevitable as we had to film this in our school at only certain free periods and there is always something going on, especially in the cafe. Furthermore we felt that some of the camera movement isn't as clean as it could be with swift movements like pans and tilts. However we felt that we included all the shots we needed to with low and high angles, tilt and pan shots as well as the 180 degree rule, match on action and eye line match shot reverse shot we had to include. We these aspects I think we especially did well and presented them well within our storyboard. Consequently as a group we realise how important the setting and sound can be as well as the lighting of it, otherwise this can ruin your entire film. As well as this we struggled with enough footage or variety of it which we then had to go out and get more and add to our story. Therefore we then realised we need to make sure we take lots of footage and a variety of different shots and test out new things because something could look better later or we might need something else later which we wont have and have to then re-shoot for.

Overall by producing the continuity task it has helped me to progress in my learning as I k=now know my weaknesses and what to do better next time which will help my group and I to improve ourselves as our final film. I personally feel we all worked well and I even enjoyed when we were filming and editing as when we knew what we were doing we therefore found it easier for ourselves. I feel we have done well on producing our film through the content, filming and editing. However one thing I would change next time and build upon more is the sound and include more music and variety instead of just the sound in the scene. As this made it feel very rookie and not professional at all. Therefore sound would bring the whole film together which we realise now and can improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment